PACDC’s activities have culminated in $180 million to date in new resources for affordable housing and neighborhood economic development.
Wynnefield - Overbrook Revitalization Corporation Seeks Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director, Wynnefield Overbrook Revitalization Corporation
Position Reports to: Board of Directors
The Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors to develop a comprehensive vision and strategy for this newly incorporated non-profit community development organization and to translate that vision and strategy into concrete actions that advance the mission of the organization. The Executive Director will manage its day-to-day affairs and will be responsible for working closely with the community, securing financial and other support, developing, managing and implementing programs, in furtherance of the mission and goals of the organization. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
The Wynnefield Overbrook Revitalization Corporation (WORC) is a 501(c) (3) organization whose mission is to help ensure a stable and vital community by engaging in various community development activities in the Wynnefield and Overbrook neighborhoods of Philadelphia.
1. Provide leadership to the organization in setting and meeting the goals and objectives of WORC.
2. Work with the Board of Directors to implement the mission and achieve outcomes.
3. Develop and manage the budget.
4. Raise all operating and project funds through fundraising, proposal writing, and other effective means.
5. Manage the development of a neighborhood strategic plan, including surveys and maps.
6. Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with all governmental, institutional, and funding partners as well as with local community groups.
7. Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors including the preparation and distribution of reports.
8. Represent WORC at meetings, public hearings and public forums.
9. Other duties as may be needed and/or determined by the Board.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree/Advanced Degree preferred.
2. A minimum of five years experience in community or economic development is required including demonstrated leadership and administrative experience.
3. Strong and effective written and verbal communications skills as well as public speaking skills
4. Significant experience in managing or administering programs closely associated with community development.
5. Experience in grant writing and fundraising a must.
6. Must be a self-starter.
7. Ability to represent WORC in a professional manner.
8. Computer literacy and ability to manage data bases, spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software.
9. Knowledge of the Wynnefield and Overbrook areas of Philadelphia.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit cover letter and resume by May 31, 2011 to:
Wadell Ridley, Jr.
Assistant Vice President for Government and Community Relations
Saint Joseph’s University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
- About PACDC
- Land Bank
- News Room
- Contact Us
The Philadelphia Housing Trust Fund has raised nearly $80 million since September 2005 to expand housing opportunities for more than 6,000 Philadelphia families.
The CDC Tax Credit Program has fostered 35 partnerships between businesses and non-profits that is providing $60 million in new funding for CDC neighborhood economic development.
PACDC’s Member Services programming builds capacity of CDCs through technical assistance and training, sharing of best practices, networking, and promotion of the local CDC industry.
The local CDC industry generated $3.3 billion in economic impact in Philadelphia during the past 20 years.
Find Your Lawmakers
Tell them what you think
Your contribution to PACDC helps make affordable housing and neighborhood economic development possible.
Donor Choice Campaign:
Designate PACDC on your Campaign Form
(Donor Choice #12966)