PACDC’s activities have culminated in $180 million to date in new resources for affordable housing and neighborhood economic development.
Francisville CDC Seeks Commercial Corridor Manager
Francisville NDC - Job Posting - New Position
The Francisville Neighborhood Development Corporation is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Commercial Corridor Manager. The qualified candidate for the position of Commercial Corridor Manager will be expected to work to establish the Francis Village Market Place in the 1600 Block of Ridge Avenue through the recruitment and cultivation of a diverse business/client base to help build a robust commercial presence in the New Market Place and along Ridge Avenue in Francisville. Salary structure is base + incentives. Position starts October 1st, 2011. Details of the Market Place initiative can be found in the job requirements. Please see below for the full list of job requirements or visit www.francisvillendc.org .
Market Place and Commercial Corridor Manager
The Francisville Neighborhood Development Corporation is seeking a dynamic individual for the newly created position of Commercial Corridor Manager. Francisville is an attractively located and growing neighborhood positioned on the edge of Center City Philadelphia, just one mile from City Hall and the central business district.
The qualified candidate for the position of Commercial Corridor Manager will be expected to establish and grow the Francis Village Market Place to be located in the 1600 Block of Ridge Avenue through the recruitment and cultivation of a diverse business/client base to help build a robust commercial presence in the New Market Place and along the 1400 – 1800 blocks of Ridge Avenue in Francisville.
The Francisville Neighborhood Development Corporation (FNDC) has proposed the development of a multi‐tenant Marketplace (the Marketplace) to be located within the planned Vineyards development at Ridge Avenue and Ogden Street. The Marketplace will be an incorporated business owned by FNDC which will lease open‐format first floor commercial space from the Vineyards development and then sublease this space to individual vendors selling products and/or providing services consistent with an overall mix of retail goods and services that FNDC determines will benefit the community.
The Marketplace is planned to be open four days per week (Wednesday through Saturday) for a total of 40 hours of operation weekly. The vendor/tenant mix within the Marketplace will emphasize fresh food, but will also include prepared food operations, craft/merchandise vendors, and some service businesses. FNDC itself anticipates creating subsidiaries that will own and operate two small stalls within the Marketplace—one being a prepared food business providing rotisserie chicken and a second operating as a coffee bar/used book seller that will provide a community gathering place within the facility. In addition to the FNDC‐operated businesses, vendors are expected to include a mix of experienced “Farmers’ Market” operators and start‐up entrepreneurs, including some from the Francisville neighborhood. FNDC will manage the overall Marketplace facility. The Corridor Manager coordinates all activity for FNDC’s commercial revitalization program utilizing market development, community organizing and economic restructuring strategies. The Manager is responsible for the execution and documentation of all corridor activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with consultant on development of Marketing Campaign.
- Develop an overall Market Place Tenant and Existing Business Assistance package to include workshops for customer service training, merchandise presentation and customer attraction/retention and façade improvement programs and assist business owners with implementation of recommendations, if needed.
- Inventory existing businesses and assess their needs.
- Market Place tenant recruitment and managing referrals/inquiries from potential businesses/clients.
- Businesses recruitment for the Francisville Business Association and serve as FNDC liaison to the Association.
- Create a Corridor vacant properties database. Track property owners’ interest in selling or developing property.
- Assess progress of pending corridor development projects and if needed, provide technical assistance.
- Create and maintain database for all corridor projects. Track and document progress of Tenant Assistance received and final outcomes.
- Maintain resource library for businesses along with existing business database/directory.
- Assess the profitability of the Market Place, identify applicable funding streams and submit funding applications.
- Maintain relationships/contacts with other organizations serving the Corridor.
- Design, print and distribute educational and promotional brochures for businesses.
- Coordinate Commercial Corridor Block Captains.
- Coordinate and execute all special events in the Market Place and coordinate business participation in other Francisville events.
- Stay informed of best practices in the field of neighborhood commercial development and participate in workshops and training when required.
- Work with city agencies/departments to obtain permits, licenses, infrastructure improvements etc.
- Other duties as requested by Executive Director.
Market Place and Commercial Corridor Manager
Job Description Continued
The Market Place and Commercial Corridor Manager reports to the Executive Director and is a full-time, exempt position. Some night and weekend work will be required. This is a new position with the potential opportunity for a successful candidate to grow within FNDC as the commercial presence in Market Place and on Ridge Avenue develops. The salary is incentive-based, with a base of $40,000. Salary incentives above the base will correspond to the successful growth and performance of the Francis Village Market Place. Position starts on October 1, 2011. Work scheduling flexible.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in urban planning, economic development, business, marketing or related field required. A minimum of two years of community and economic development related experience and a commercial development track record or a master’s degree preferred. Small business or entrepreneurship experience a plus. Volunteer/intern work experience will be considered in lieu of some paid work experience. Qualified candidate must work with a diverse population, be a self-starter, work both independently and as part of a team, exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills and have Microsoft Office and Publisher experience. Short-listed candidates will be asked to give an oral presentation to a neighborhood stakeholder focus group. Additional presentation information and materials will be provided to short-listed candidates only.
Penelope Giles, Executive Director
No phone calls, please.
1739 Wylie Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Equal Opportunity Employer
- About PACDC
- Land Bank
- News Room
- Contact Us
The Philadelphia Housing Trust Fund has raised nearly $80 million since September 2005 to expand housing opportunities for more than 6,000 Philadelphia families.
The CDC Tax Credit Program has fostered 35 partnerships between businesses and non-profits that is providing $60 million in new funding for CDC neighborhood economic development.
PACDC’s Member Services programming builds capacity of CDCs through technical assistance and training, sharing of best practices, networking, and promotion of the local CDC industry.
The local CDC industry generated $3.3 billion in economic impact in Philadelphia during the past 20 years.
Find Your Lawmakers
Tell them what you think
Your contribution to PACDC helps make affordable housing and neighborhood economic development possible.
Donor Choice Campaign:
Designate PACDC on your Campaign Form
(Donor Choice #12966)