YES! SIGN ME UP. I believe Philadelphia needs an Equitable Development strategy to capitalize on our current growth in a way that is inclusive of all Philadelphians, and all of our neighborhoods. Because Philadelphia does better when we all do better.
I WISH TO ENDORSE PACDC’S EQUITABLE DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM TO:
1. Strengthen the ability of residents to be agents of positive community change by expanding opportunities for training about zoning and development decisions, boost funding for Neighborhood Advisory Committees (NACs) and other neighborhood based groups, and require market rate projects receiving public subsidies to contribute to the Equitable Development of Philadelphia neighborhoods. Click here to learn more.
2. Ensure quality, affordable home choices in every part of the city by crafting a comprehensive housing strategy, doubling of revenues to the Philadelphia Housing Trust Fund, and taking a data-driven look at the 10-year tax abatement to see if it needs to be updated. Click here to learn more.
3. Create economic opportunities by boosting investment in our neighborhood commercial corridors, and enlist stronger support from the city's biggest developers and employers to increase hiring of local and disadvantaged workers and firms to power the growth of economic opportunity into all Philadelphia neighborhoods. Click here to learn more.
4. Robustly gather data to better understand and address the threats of involuntary displacement, including on renters and small businesses, and expand participation in existing assistance programs help those whose property taxes are rising beyond their ability to pay. Click here to learn more.
5. Attack blight, vacancy and abandonment in all neighborhoods by fully funding and implementing the Philadelphia Land Bank, providing adequate resources for property Code enforcement, and help for low-income homeowners to make needed repairs. Click here to learn more.