PACDC’s activities have culminated in $180 million to date in new resources for affordable housing and neighborhood economic development.
ACHIEVEability Seeks a Director of Finance and Administration
Director of Finance and Administration at ACHIEVEability:
Foster Organizational Financial Health to Help More Families Achieve Self‐Sufficiency
ACHIEVEability is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to ensure that our finances and
internal infrastructure fully support our planned growth built on a record of success over the past 30
ACHIEVEability, the Philadelphia Foundation’s 2006 Good Governance Awardee and the Greater
Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce’s 2004 Nonprofit of the Year, is seeking a person with integrity,
competence, commitment to our mission, communication skills and creativity to be our Director of
Finance and Administration.
- Oversees the areas of finance and administration (including human resources, technology, risk
management and legal affairs)
- Through a strategic business planning perspective as well as daily, hands‐on work, develops,
maintains and quality assures systems to ensure that data in these areas are collected and
analyzed, with trends forecasted and recommendations made
- Presents the information regularly to various audiences, including our CEO, other department
directors, staff, the board and its finance committee in order to guide decision‐making and
- As new projects are developed, brings the financial perspective in the development of new
- Ensures the organization’s financial compliance with the requirements of our grants and
contracts, including those from federal, state and local government, investors, institutional
funders and individual donors.
- Fosters good financial understanding and good relationships with multiple stakeholders,
including board, staff, funders, vendors, program participants and the community at large
- Supervises finance department staff.
- Passionate about the mission of ACHIEVEability, has the highest standards of integrity, and will
pass background checks
- Solid accounting skills and background; Practical experience in the operations of a business
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business, economics or related field (a graduate degree in these
disciplines is preferred)
- Significant demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance, including at least seven years of
experience in the financial administration of government grants
- Solid experience in the financial operation of affordable housing projects, especially those
funded with low income housing tax credits
- Knowledge of real estate accounting is a plus
- Able to communicate financial concepts and relates well to persons and audiences with differing
levels of financial knowledge and skills
- Flexible, a creative and strategic thinker, focused on driving results.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. On the subject line,
indicate: DFA – YourFirstName YourLastName. In your cover letter, please tell us: (a) how you found out
about this position, (b) your salary requirement, (c) narrative about your experience with government
grants and the financial operations of affordable housing projects, and (d) your references – two
supervisors, two peers and two supervisees.
- About PACDC
- Land Bank
- News Room
- Contact Us
The Philadelphia Housing Trust Fund has raised nearly $80 million since September 2005 to expand housing opportunities for more than 6,000 Philadelphia families.
The CDC Tax Credit Program has fostered 35 partnerships between businesses and non-profits that is providing $60 million in new funding for CDC neighborhood economic development.
PACDC’s Member Services programming builds capacity of CDCs through technical assistance and training, sharing of best practices, networking, and promotion of the local CDC industry.
The local CDC industry generated $3.3 billion in economic impact in Philadelphia during the past 20 years.
Find Your Lawmakers
Tell them what you think
Your contribution to PACDC helps make affordable housing and neighborhood economic development possible.
Donor Choice Campaign:
Designate PACDC on your Campaign Form
(Donor Choice #12966)